Monday 4 June 2018

Why I'm called Corrie Papercrafts

I’ve been asked a few times why I changed my crafty name to Corrie Papercrafts and why this little Westie figure now features in my photos; so I thought I’d tell you the story.
(I was previously known as Lilliput Crafts)

We sadly lost our much-loved dog last year. She was 15.
She was a West Highland Terrier and she was the best dog ever.
She was called Corrie.

The connection, and the reason for my name changing to Corrie Papercrafts, is that a Westie is a Scottish dog.
A ‘corrie’ is a kind of circular valley formed on a mountain by glacial erosion, particularly in Scotland.
Corrie was a Scottish dog, therefore we gave her a Scottish name.
I’m Scottish.

The little Westie figure was a gift a few years ago from our daughters and Corrie and is one of my most treasured possessions (yes, Corrie also gave me presents - she was very clever! 😉).
Therefore it seems only fitting that she features - complete with her little pink ball in her mouth if you look closely - on my page and in my photographs 💕



In this photograph, 'Corrie' is showing off yesterday's Envelope Punch Board chocolate box - see yesterday's post HERE - and a triangular gift box in a sleeve which will feature later this week.


And here's a photograph of the little lady herself in her younger years, keeping watch on the world from her favourite armchair! 💕



No comments:

Post a Comment