Saturday 27 February 2016

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge #7


Thank you for joining us for another Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge! We’re so excited to be sharing this hop with you.  The products used are all available in the current Annual, or seasonal, Stampin’ Up!® Catalogues*.  Simply use the buttons at the bottom of the post to keep hopping!

This is week 7 of the blog hop and this time the design - a completely blank canvas! - was set by Hannah McCurley of Stampin By Hannah.



I decided to go with a notebook cover - partly because I need one for my own quick crafty notes about my own projects anyway, and partly because I need to make some notebook covers as gifts for various people.

So here it is!




I used cardstock in Mint Macaron from the 'It's My Party' cardstock pack as the base for my cover, then added a mat of Whisper White cardstock just slightly smaller, with the top layer being taken from the 'It's My Party' Designer Series Paper stack cut slightly smaller again.
I decorated it using a couple of stamps from the 'Petite Petals' clear mount stamp set stamped on to Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the co-ordinating 'Petite Petals' punch.
For the flowers in the top corner, I stamped straight away on to the card, but for the flowers in the bottom corner I stamped off once before then stamping on to my card. This gives the flowers a slightly different tone to add a bit of contrast. I used Mint Macaron and Rose Red inks.
I added some 'It's My Party' enamel dots to the centre of the flowers.

I haven't added measurements for this cover, as every notebook won't be the same size, but I'm more than happy to share general instructions with anyone who would like to make a cover - just send me a message and I'll get back to you.



Don't forget to click on the links below to take you to the blogs of the lovely Karen Brown and Hannah McCurley and keep hopping through our blogs to see what everyone's made this time! 

Have a lovely weekend and I hope to see you again soon!









Product List

8 comments: