Thursday 11 August 2016

Pootlers Design Team - August - Week 2

Gosh! Week 2 of the Pootlers Design Team already!
It's amazing being a part of this and I'm having fun being challenged to come up with several projects using only one stamp set - I'm trying to use ONLY stamps from this set in each project rather than use them in combinations with others. I'm also trying to make sure I've used EVERY stamp in the set at least once by the end of the month!

It's another card this week:


This time it's a 6 x 4" card with a 'sticky oot bit', as we say in Scotland - very technical term!
The front of the card measures 6 x 4" and the back with the 'sticky oot bit' measures just half an inch wider.
That meant I could stamp one of the lovely borders from 'Lovely Stitching', this month's stamp set, on to the half inch extra space on the back. I used Peekaboo Peach ink to do that.

The cardstock I used for this was Peekaboo Peach from the 'Fruit Stand' cardstock pack and the mat of DSP is one of the sheets from the same suite. I just love those strawberries!
It's one of my favourite suites and I'm using it lots.

I cut the cardstock to 6" x 8-1/2" but still scored (on the long side) at 4" as if I was making a regular card, which then gave me that half inch extra on the back to stamp on.
I'm so pleased that the stamped stitching ended up straight!

I then cut the DSP slightly smaller at 5-3/4" x 3-3/4" and centred it on the front of the card.

I used the sentiments and one of the smaller flower stamps from the 'Lovely Stitching' stamp set to add the finishing touches to the front of the card. I used Bermuda Bay ink.
These are stamped on to a small piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 2" x 2". 
I rounded the corners and used Dimensionals to raise it up a bit rather than have the whole card flat.
I sponged round the edges using the same Bermuda Bay ink to soften and contrast the white against the colour of the DSP.

It was an easy card to make which really didn't take long at all.



I hope you like it!
Do let me know what you think and I'd love to see any that you guys might make too. So remember to leave a comment as you drop by and I hope to see you again next week.

Have a lovely week!
Karen




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment