Thursday 4 August 2016

Pootlers Design Team - August - Week 1

Hello and welcome to my fabulous opportunity - and privilege - to be part of the Pootles Design Team for August!
Each month, 4 or 5 of us 'Pootlers' who are in the gorgeous Sam Hammond's Stampin' Up! team are challenged to come up with a design each week from one stamp set.
You can see other projects for this month and previous months (and, of course, visit again in future months!) at www.pootles.co.uk

Our stamp set for August is 'Lovely Stitching'.

My project for Week 1 is a set of 3x3 note cards in the new 2016-2018 In-Colours: Peekaboo Peach; Emerald Envy; Flirty Flamingo; Dapper Denim and Sweet Sugarplum.
I've also made envelopes to match in the same colours using the 2016-2018 In-Colour Envelope Paper.



I've done a pictorial step-by-step tutorial on how to make these, so I hope you enjoy and will have a go at making them. I really enjoyed making them and I'm really pleased with the end result - I'm delighted that the idea managed to get from my head to my craft table!

So without further ado, let's get on with the pictures!


First, cut 5 pieces of thick white cardstock measuring 3" x 6"


Then score each piece of card at 3"


Fold and burnish along the score line on each to make a card measuring 3" x 3"


You now have 5 card bases 


Then cut one piece of cardstock in each of the 5 in-colours measuring 2-3/4" square


Then cut 5 pieces of white cardstock measuring 2-1/2" square and stipple with each of the 5 in-colour inks using a sponge (I use the Stampin' Up! sponges cut into quarters


 Stick each stippled piece on to your co-ordinating cardstock squares 


 Then get ready with your chosen stamp set - for this project it's the 'Lovely Stitching' set .....


 ..... and stamp your chosen design(s) in each of the 5 in-colours on scrap pieces of white cardstock


 I then cut mine out using the 1-3/4" circle punch


 and sponged round the edges using the relevant colour


I then added a large basic pearl to the centre of each flower to add a bit of bling!


 Add dimensionals to the back of each punched flower


and stick to the centre of your card front
Peekaboo Peach


 Dapper Denim


 Flirty Flamingo


 Emerald Envy


 Sweet Sugarplum


Make matching envelopes in the co-ordinating 2016-2018 In-Colours Envelope Paper using the Envelope Punch Board


Decorate as you wish (or not) with the co-ordinating ink - these are stamped in the same colour as the envelope (Emerald Envy ink on Emerald Envy paper and so on)


 Little Miss Flirty Flamingo card peeking out of her envelope ....


 ..... and hiding inside her envelope to let you see the double-sided tape for sealing the envelope ready to post


 And finally, all 5 cards complete!


Thanks to Stampin' Up!'s 'Fruit Stand' DSP for providing the backdrop for the photos!


I hope you've enjoyed this project and I hope you'll have fun making your own. I'd love to see your creations, so please feel free to post pictures in the comments below.

Hope to see you again next Thursday for week 2!

'Bye for now!
Karen

Product List

9 comments:

  1. These are very cute Karen, Love the speckled background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angelina. I'm really pleased with the speckling which was really an experiment to begin with, to see if what was in my head would appear on the cardstock ...... and thankfully it did! I'm really pleased with these wee cards and plan to make more x

      Delete
  2. Hello :) a "newbie" to your blog, and a fellow Scot. I love these wee cards, I will definitely be "casing" these. TFS :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey! Pleased to 'meet' you :) Are you a Stampin Up demo too? If so and you'd like to link in with some of us in Scotland, send me an email to lilliputcrafts16@gmail.com

      I'm really glad you like the cards - they were so easy to make. I'm delighted you find them inspiring and that you want to CASE them - I'd love to see the end result!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards - love the in colours X
    PS I need a tutorial on how to put the products at the end of my blog. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs! I think these really do showcase the new in colours well.
      I'll definitely tell you how to add the products list - will post in our team group shortly :) x

      Delete
  5. Great cards Karen. Lovely idea. I am yet to try making my own DSP or background. Yours is lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Karen. Lovely idea. I am yet to try making my own DSP or background. Yours is lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete