Thursday 18 August 2016

Pootlers Design Team - August - Week 3

Well, it's now the third week of four and I'm sad to be nearing the end of what's been a huge amount of fun!
It's just amazing to see what my other Pootles team mates have been making with this month's stamp set and, as in previous weeks, you can see them all and visit their blogs (and those of our fellow Pootlers for previous months) via the links on www.pootles.co.uk

This week my project is something I made for myself to keep my place in that gorgeous new Stampin' Up! 2016-2017 annual catalogue whilst planning my shopping lists for my workshops:



Yes, I made myself a bookmark! And without trying, it matches the front cover of the catalogue too!
Well, it's actually one of many, if I'm honest - some for myself and some for my husband and daughters. So we all have new bookmarks in this house at the minute. All custom orders, of course!
You can see the one I made for my hubby to match his new book in another post on my blog and on my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Lilliput-Crafts-289597024498405/https://www.facebook.com/Lilliput-Crafts-289597024498405/)

I'm really loving the new 2016-218 In Colours at the minute, so the base for this bookmark is Flirty Flamingo cardstock with Whisper White cardstock used for the stamping.
I cut the base to 6" x 1-3/4" and the white mat to 5-3/4" x 1-1/4" but you can really make it to any size you like, depending on the size of your book or catalogue.

As you know by now, this month's stamp set is the gorgeous 'Lovely Stitching' which, in my opinion, seems to be a bit overlooked in the catalogue. I certainly didn't take much notice of it until I became part of this design team and was challenged to use it for a month.
I love it and feel quite guilty for not noticing it so much before.

I stamped the bigger flowers in Flirty Flamingo to match the cardstock base, then I added the smaller floral posies using Peekaboo Peach as a bit of a contrast.
I then used Mint Macaron ink to stamp the leaves:




Again, I rounded the corners because I'm not a fan of lots of harsh lines and sharp corners on things.

I punched a hole in the top of the bookmark to add my ribbon which is the stitched satin ribbon in Melon Mambo which is sadly recently retired (apologies); but this ribbon is still available in Real Red and there are lots of other gorgeous ribbons and trims available too, so still lots to choose from.
There's a different stitched ribbon available in Melon Mambo for anyone looking specifically for that colour. I'll add a link in the product list below to this ribbon.

So that's my project for week 3.
I hope you'll pop back to visit next week for our last challenge before we hand over to next month's team; but I do hope you keep visiting Pootles to find the links to our team mates' blogs to see what stamp set is up next and what they create with it!
And, of course, I hope you keep dropping in to visit me here too!

Happy stamping and 'bye for now.
Karen




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment