Saturday 21 May 2016

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge #10


Thank you for joining us for another Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge! We’re so excited to be sharing this hop with you.  The products used are all available in the current Annual, or seasonal, Stampin’ Up!® Catalogues.  Simply use the buttons at the bottom of the post to keep hopping!

Morning! We have another project to share with you this month. The design this time round was provided by the lovely Kathleen of Lilypop Crafts:


I initially thought I'd make a card, but I decided I wanted to make something other than a card, so I settled on making a box.
I plan to make it a 'pamper' box as a gift containing some coffee, teabags, candles and chocolates!


The cardstock for the base is Melon Mambo and the lid is Bermuda Bay. Then the mats added to the lid are (from largest to smallest) are Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay.
The sentiment was stamped on to Whisper White cardstock in Bermuda Bay ink using one of the stamps in the 'Have a Cuppa' stamp set (sadly retiring), raised up with stampin' dimensionals on to larger layers using Melon Mambo and Wisteria Wonder.
The DSP strip is taken from the 'Have a Cuppa' Designer Series Paper Stack and the little flowers are punched from Melon Mambo and Wisteria Wonder cardstock using the tiny flower punch from the 'Itty Bitty Accents' punch set (sadly retiring).
The flowers and the sentiment are embellished with Basic Rhinestones.



I hope you like it!

Now, since you're here, why not drop in and have a look at the fabulous projects made by my other Stampin' Up! friends by clicking on the following links to take you forwards and backwards through the rest of the blog hop - they're all amazing!

In the meantime, thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you again soon!
Have a lovely weekend.

/

          






Product List

16 comments:

  1. Great box - great gift for teas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Justyna. I've not made a box for a while xx

      Delete
  3. Fab layers and colours Karen! Very striking. And you can't go wrong with a box, can you? Heehee. Someone is going to get a nice treat!

    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. I do like making boxes; and I like that colour combination - Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay are my favourites at the minute :) x

      Delete
  4. Great take on the sketch Karen. I like to something other than a card, it's more challenging and fun. Great idea, a pamper box. I need one 😃.
    Lovely colours. Beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally. I try to challenge myself to make something different each time, but also to try to make more cards (which are out of my 3-D comfort zone, but becoming less so!). Maybe you'll get a pamper box from someone xx

      Delete
  5. I love those colours together Karen, they work so well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian. It's the three colours in the 'Have a Cuppa' cardstock pack, so I wanted to see what they'd look like together :) xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely card Karen x I love how DSPs make it easy with colour combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, lovely. It's so easy, iisn't it? They match so well xx

    ReplyDelete