Saturday 30 January 2016

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge







Thank you for joining us for another Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge! We’re so excited to be sharing this hop with you.  
The products used are all available in the current Annual, or seasonal, Stampin’ Up!® Catalogues*.  Simply use the buttons at the bottom of the post to keep hopping!


This week's sketch was designed by Cat Burchmore of Craft with Cat:



I decided to keep my card simple and pretty much to the template, but wanted to also make it bright and cheerful with a simple but cheerful sentiment.



My card measures 7" x 5" (folded) and I used the melon mambo cardstock from the 'It's My Party' cardstock pack.
I then added a piece of Designer Series Paper from the 'It's My Party' DSP stack, measuring 6.5" x 4.5" - I think the coloured dots (melon mambo and crushed curry) compliment the cardstock perfectly.
I then cut out a circle (measuring 2.75" in diameter) from crushed curry cardstock and an oval (measuring 4.25" x 1.75") from melon mambo cardstock from the 'It's My Party' cardstock pack to layer on top of the DSP.
I stuck the crushed curry circle down flush, but raised the melon mambo oval up slightly using dimensionals, just to add exactly that - a wee bit of dimension!
The 'hello' sentiment is stamped in Real Red ink using one of the stamps from the 'Hello' stamp set from the current Sale-A-Bration catalogue.


On the inside I added a piece of whisper white cardstock measuring 6" x 4" for writing the greeting, with a small heart punched out of the bottom corner using the itty bitty heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.
I like the contrast of the melon mambo card showing through.

Of course, no card is complete without a matching envelope!


I made my envelope using my Envelope Punch Board, with a matching piece of DSP from the fabulous 'It's My Party' DSP stack.
My piece of paper measured 9.5" x 9.5".

And this is my completed project ready to write and pop in the post!




I hope you like it!
Thanks for visiting!









12 comments:

  1. Cute card Karen, the little heart cut out inside is so cute but simple. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. It has all my favourite things, it's simple, colourful and it's using my current favourite dsp (just used it to cover some note books).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn - I'm planning to cover some notebooks in it too! Great minds think alike :) x

      Delete
  3. Such a cute, cheerful card. I love it!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the coordination between card and envelope! x

    ReplyDelete