Sunday 27 May 2018

Simple Sundays is BACK! ........ #1 Monochrome cards

After a bit of an absence, Simple Sundays is back!

Every Sunday I'll be featuring a simple project which you can make in no time at all.
This will ether be a card or a 3-D project which you can make quickly or which only uses minimal tools or will only feature one or two colours and so on.
The aim is to show a pretty project which you can make in only 15 minutes or less or to show that you don't need a whole host of tools, papers and inks to be able to create something amazing.

Today's project is actually two cards!
I first challenged myself to make a monochrome card using black and white and in the process, I found another card formulating in my head too.

I dug out my previously-unused 'Petal Passion' Memories & More card pack which I've had for months and not done anything with. It was perfect for the idea I had!
I'm so sad not to have used this pack before, because it sadly retires on the 31st May.

The first card is only black & white and I think it's very striking; and the second card pulls out the Powder Pink colour on some of the cards in the kit.
Thankfully Powder Pink is one of our 2017-2019 in-colours, so will be around for another 12 months.



Each card took less than 10 minutes to make and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

Only cutting, scoring and sticking was required. That's it!

For each card, I cut Basic Black cardstock to 11.5" x 4" and scored at 5-3/4" making a tent-fold base measuring 5-3/4" x 4"

I then cut a Whisper White / Powder Pink mat measuring 5-1/2" x 3-3/4"

I then added a further Basic Black mat measuring 5-1/4" x 3-1/2"

Then to finish off, I cut down two of the larger cards in the Memories & More card pack (Petal Passion) to 5" x 3-1/4"

On the monochrome card, I raised the top card on dimensionals; on the pink card I stuck the top card straight down. I think I prefer some dimension, so would go with the dimensionals - but it's personal taste as to which you prefer.

I hope you like these and look forward to sharing more projects with you!

Karen x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment