Sunday 7 August 2016

Simple Sundays - custom made bookmark

This week my hubby started reading one of his new books which was a recent gift from our girls.
It's a black and red book, so he asked for a bookmark to match!
No pressure ........ !!

However I do love a challenge and it didn't take long to get my plan underway ......


The biggest challenge was getting the red to show through the punched design at the top, but I hatched a cunning plan to use just a small piece of paper rather than card so that it didn't end up all uneven, lumpy and top-heavy.
So it's not an optical illusion using the red background that's in the photo!

The measurements are:

Black cardstock 5" x 1-1/2"
Black DSP 4-3/4" x 1-1/4"

The black base has all four corners rounded, but because the DSP has a punched design at the top, only the bottom corners are rounded.

I've not added a product list for this as it's not all Stampin' Up! products and the punch I used at the top of the DSP is sadly now retired (but was Stampn' Up!).

However the DSP is the reverse side of one of the sheets in SU's 'Pop of Pink' DSP pack.

This is more just to share a simple project and hopefully inspire someone to make a bookmark for themselves or as a gift. Any materials can be used to make a simple project like this - I just prefer to stick with SU products most of the time ........ until hubby asks for something specific which has me raiding ALL my craft stash!

Check back soon for some more bookmark ideas with pictorial tutorials, including magnetic versions too!




See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment