Thursday 25 August 2016

Pootlers Design Team - August - Week 4

Well, that's us at week 4 of the Pootlers Design Team for August!
It's been great fun having the opportunity to take part and I've loved it! I've grown to really love the 'Lovely Stitching' stamp set and plan to keep using it regularly now.

My last project for this month is a thank you card:


The thank you sentiment is from the 'Thankful Thoughts' stamp set, but the rest of the surrounding stamping is from the 'Lovely Stitching' stamp set.
I decided to go back to the stippling effect that I used in week 1 to soften the background for the stamping.
I also wanted to make this card using only one colour as well as only one stamp set and I just hoped that it would work! I think it did .....

This is a tent fold card using Whisper White thick cardstock. I've cut it to 4 x 11", scoring and folding at 5-1/2" to make a card base which measures 4 x 5-12".
I then added a layer of Mint Macaron cardstock measuring 3-3/4 x 5-1/4".
Then came the Whisper White layer measuring 3-1/2 x 5" which I stippled with Mint Macaron ink using a sponge.

The stamping, using the stamp sets mentioned above, was also done in Mint Macaron on top of the stippling, which gives an additional effect. I wanted a combination of flowers and leaves and the design really just took shape after I'd decided which stamps I wanted to use.

This was an easy card to make and, despite being easy, I'm really pleased with the end result!

The card is also a big thank you to our lovely Sam (Pootles) for being such a fabulous Stampin' Up! upline and for inviting some of the team to join in with each month's challenge.
It's also a thank you to all of you for visiting my blog and to those of you who have also left comments.

I've loved seeing the gorgeous ideas that my team mates have come up with and am always amazed at how many different ideas can come from 4 or 5 people all with the same stamp set!
I can't wait to see what our September Pootlers come up with and what stamp set they have!

So all that remains for me to say for now is thank you and please visit again soon - I might even challenge myself to choose a stamp set each month from now and come up with a different design each week. So watch this space ......

I hope to see you again soon and, as always, happy crafting!

Karen



Product List

1 comment: