Saturday 26 March 2016

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge #8



Thank you for joining us for another Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge! We’re so excited to be sharing this hop with you.  
The products used are all available in the current Annual, or seasonal, Stampin’ Up!® Catalogues.  Simply use the buttons at the bottom of the post to keep hopping!

Welcome to Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge no 8!
This week's design is by Justyna Cieslinska of Perfect Crafts:



I decided to go with a birthday card for this design after pondering it for a while. I think the image managed to get from my head to the card fairly accurately!




The base is Whisper White thick cardstock, measuring 7" x 5" (folded size) - cut to 7" x 10", scored and folded at 5".
The DSPs on the front are again from my current top favourite, the 'It's My Party' DSP stack - I can't make myself use any other DSP at the minute! Love it!
The sentiment in the centre is from the 'Party Wishes' stamp set, stamped in Melon Mambo ink on to Whisper White cardstock, punched out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch and elevated with Dimensionals. I used the small size of the 'It's My Party' enamel dots in Melon Mambo to decorate the bottom.
The small flowers decorating the top of the sentiment are punched from Melon Mambo cardstock from the 'It's My Party' cardstock pack using the Petite Petals punch and decorated with the large sized Pearl Basic Jewels to add contrast. They are attached just above the sentiment using Mini Glue Dots.
I elevated the petals slightly by pressing the blunt end of my Paper Piercing Tool into the centre of the flower.





Hope you like it! Please feel free to comment as you pass through.

Remember to visit the gorgeous creations on the other blogs in the hop too - just click on the links below to hop to the next one!

Hope to see you again soon!









Product List

17 comments:

  1. Pretty card - those papers look such fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card design, so pretty and colourful. Using 3 different dsp's makes it really stand out. Think I might have to have a go at making this one, if you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane; and of course I don't mind! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah. I wasn't sure to begin with, but it grew on me! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely bright card. Great idea, lovely.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch Karen. Beautiful bright card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justyna. I wonder what you thought everyone might come up with for your sketch! x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I just hoped it would work as I wanted it to x

      Delete
  7. Very cute card Karen, I love this DSP pack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great happy card Karen xx
    (think I may have sent you a message as I commented in the wrong box) 😂

    ReplyDelete