Saturday 13 February 2016

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge No. 6



Thank you for joining us for another Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge! We’re so excited to be sharing this hop with you.  The products used are all available in the current Annual, or seasonal, Stampin’ Up!® Catalogues*.  Simply use the buttons at the bottom of the post to keep hopping!

This week's design was sketched by Debbie Bradley of Larli Crafts:
At first I was leaning towards a card, then I remembered a little box I wanted to make which was inspired by Angel from Persephone's Papercraft, so I decided to stick with the inspiration!
I wasn't sure if what I had in mind would work, but I decided to run with it and I'm very pleased with the end result!
Cue my little Valentine's sweetie box:



The bow was determined to be upside down when I tied it, so I'm happy to let it add to the 'jauntiness' of the box!

Inside are some yummy Valentine sweets:




The finished dimensions of the box are 4.1/2" x 1.1/8" x 5/8"

I used Rose Red cardstock from the 'Love Blossoms' pack and the lid is decorated using a sheet from the 'Love Blossoms' Designer Series Paper Stack.
The box is held closed with Linen Thread, wrapped round a couple of times and tied with a simple bow. This thread is a firm favourite of mine at the minute!
I used Fast Fuse to adhere the box tabs, for extra strength, and used Snail to stick down the DSP.

I then stamped the flower in Rose Red ink on to Whisper White cardstock using one of the small stamps from the 'Bloomin' Love' photopolymer stamp set and punched it out using the 1" circle punch.
Then I lightly sponged round the edges with Rose Red ink, using a Sponge Dauber.
I added a Basic Pearl to the centre of the flower.
I stuck the sentiment to the box using Stampin' Dimensionals because I wanted to add a bit of height and to allow for the thread to sit underneath slightly.

All the sweets inside the box were ordered from various online retailers. The square (mint) chocolates were ordered from a company who print personalised wrappers, which I just love!

Now I just have to decide if this box will be given to anyone special on Valentine's Day or if I'll just keep it to myself as a wee treat!




I hope you like this week's project and thanks so much for visiting!
Hope to see you again soon x








16 comments: